Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Adoring Fan Not Seen

Shortly before embarking on our not-event this weekend, we received the following letter from a presumably worshipful fan of ARN&R:

I've already got my outfit all picked out!

I was goning to keep it a surprise, but I'm just too excited about it.

I bought a youth large Beast shirt on ebay the other day. That should
fit me, right?

It's only got minor armpit staining, and a little unidentifiable
"crust" running across one of The Beast's claws, but otherwise is in
*mint* condition.

I'm thinking of pairing it with some super short 70s tennis shorts,
black sox, and my jogging shoes from Payless with the Velcro
fasteners.

I hear there are a lot of stairs at Mt. Olympus, so I want to be sure
to be in athletic mode!


During our visits to the Mall of America, Valleyfair!, and The Dells, the ARN&R staff sort of forgot that we'd said people could look for us and join us, and instead reverted to our standard practice of avoiding and ignoring anyone who looked even remotely enthusiast-like. For that reason, we made no effort to be seen by Mr. Slightly-Crusted Beast Shirt (and frankly would have hidden behind a tree if he'd gotten anywhere near us), so he might be a sad clown since he did not actually get to meet his heroes. ARN&R regrets the inconvenience.

--CSB/JCK

No comments:

Post a Comment