The wait is over – Holiday World announced that its new coaster, The Voyage, will be opening in May of 2006, in a new area of the park themed to Thanksgiving. This area joins existing holiday lands Halloween, Christmas, 4th of July, and the non-holiday related Holidog’s Fun Town. While little information was on the park's website about the new area, ARN&R’s trusty sources have found out what awaits us in 2006:
The following new Turkey-Day themed rides are expected to open alongside The Voyage:
- Pilgrim's Progress - antique car ride where riders get ambushed, scalped by Indians!
- Dinner Table Drama – A "4-D" Film Experience of dysfunctional family Thanksgiving, starring Garfield®!
A New Show!
A fantastic new music and dance show, The Separatist Follies, will be on the “Cornucopia Stage” in May 2006!
Holidog’s Happy Thanksgiving Day Parade!
Sponsored by AJ Wright, this is a wonderful parade of all your Holiday World friends – don’t forget to wave to Santa!
A Giant New Restaurant!
This “comforting” new dining experience brings you the best of Thanksgiving fare, with an amusement park twist! On our menu you’ll find:
- Deep Fried Mashed Potatoes on a Stick!
- Cranberry Ice Cream!
- Green Bean Casserole Smoothies!
- The “Leftover Sandwich™” – a Holiday World Exclusive!
Additionally, for a nominal surcharge, live actors portraying characters from the Dinner Table Drama ride will scream at you during dinner for having a crappy job and failing to marry and/or provide grandchildren.
See You Next Year!
--MMB, who refuses to name her top secret source for this story